Auerbach Engineering Corporation is most passionate about designs that positively influence the quality of life in our mountain community.
Auerbach Engineering Corporation is located in Tahoe City California, on the north shore of Lake Tahoe. We provide civil engineering, environmental planning, and land surveying services to the public and private sectors in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Thanks to an increasing workload, we are seeking a Project Engineer to help us maintain the highest quality of professional services to the mountain communities of the Sierra Nevada. In addition to flexible schedules that enable staff to take advantage of the region’s recreation, we offer competitive benefits and compensation.
The Position Involves
Civil Engineering design for various project types such as:
- Public works infrastructure including transportation facilities, water and sewer systems, storm drainage and water quality treatment systems
- Ski areas, golf courses, and water-related recreation facilities
- Residential and commercial land development
- Institutional development such as schools, fire stations, and corporation yards
Additional technical work in:
- Watershed/wetland restoration/enhancement
- Hydrologic/hydraulic analysis
- SWPPP preparation/oversight and monitoring
Supervised by a Project Manager with opportunities to take on leadership roles.
The Required Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Proficient in usage of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Competency with all basic MS Office software
- Ability to produce basic design and technical documents with minimal supervision
- Desire to live and work in the Tahoe-Truckee region
The Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Registered Civil Engineer in California, or ability to become registered within one year
- Experience working in mountain environments
- Experience working in environmentally sensitive settings
- Experience with a strong focus on water/sewer, drainage & stormwater, or municipal systems
- Ability to prepare civil construction drawings
Compensation and Benefits
- Non-exempt position. Wages DOE
- 401k Plan with employer match and profit sharing
- Employer-paid medical/dental/vision insurance covering employee, spouse and family
- Generous leave policy and opportunity for flexible schedule
- Living in Lake Tahoe!
Our passion is working on projects that influence the quality of life in our own community. If this sounds like something you can get on board with, apply today!