Auerbach Engineering Corporation is most passionate about designs that positively influence the quality of life in our mountain community.
Auerbach Engineering Corporation is located in Tahoe City California, on the north shore of Lake Tahoe. We provide civil engineering, environmental planning, and land surveying services to the public and private sectors in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Thanks to an increasing workload, we are seeking a Project Engineer to help us maintain the highest quality of professional services to the mountain communities of the Sierra Nevada. In addition to flexible schedules that enable staff to take advantage of the region’s recreation, we offer competitive benefits and compensation.
The Position Involves
Auerbach Engineering Corporation is seeking a Land Survey Technician to join our talented team of experts in a small but professional office. Auerbach Engineering Corporation is an established consulting firm providing Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, and Environmental Planning services to government and private sector clients primarily in the Lake Tahoe/Truckee region.
The Land Survey Technician assists the project team by performing field and office activities under the direction and guidance of the Survey Manager. The ideal candidate will possess a general understanding of field survey measurements and data acquisition, proficient capabilities in computer aided drafting and the ability to work closely with a project team.
- Downloads and processes field data in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Interprets and plots record deeds and plats for all types of property surveys
- Prepares all types of surveying plats and exhibit drawings utilizing research and the information gathered in the field
- Performs stakeout calculations for construction sites
- Prepares documents including; Topographic Maps, ALTA Surveys, Boundary Surveys, and As-Built Surveys
- Duties will primarily be in the office but often will require field work associated with all facets of surveying
- Other duties as assigned
- The ability to receive general direction on assignments, effectively communicate with a project team, thoroughly complete assignments independently and receive review from project leads.
- An understanding of the Public Land Survey System, boundary, topographic, ALTA surveys, subdivision platting, property descriptions, easement exhibits, rights of way and utility mapping
- Previous experience and capabilities with survey databases, auto-linework and survey figures in AutoCAD Civil 3D for surveys and design-based projects
- The ability of produce final project documents (printed plats/maps and electronic files)
- Understands design plans and can produced the necessary data for construction layout and staking
Experience: 2+ years of experience as a CAD Technician or similar role
Education: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
Licensure and certification: None required
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Continuing Education
- 401K & Profit Sharing
- This is an on-site position
Covid vaccination required.
Our passion is working on projects that influence the quality of life in our own community. If this sounds like something you can get on board with, apply today!