Auerbach Engineering Corporation (AEC) is a leading consulting firm in the Tahoe-Truckee region. We specialize in civil engineering, environmental planning, and land surveying for the public and private sectors. AEC is currently seeking an Office Manager to oversee our office in Tahoe City, CA.
- Bookkeeping experience is essential.
- Experience with BillQuick or similar project management software is desired.
- An understanding of CA labor laws is important.
- Experience with Prevailing Wage reporting is a major plus.
- Experience with contract administration will help you greatly.
- Health and business insurance selection and renewals will be part of your duties annually.
- Basic IT troubleshooting and equipment maintenance will be part of your role.
Tahoe is a unique place to live and work. The ideal candidate would be familiar with the area and prepared to work full time.
Accounting and Payroll
- Use of QuickBooks software for recording financial transactions and other bookkeeping duties.
- Input and update employee payroll information requiring confidentiality and professionalism.
- Processing of company payroll, using a combination of project management software and QuickBooks Assisted Payroll.
- Process project billing from time record approval through to invoicing using BillQuick project management software.
- Process prevailing wage payroll records and documentation.
- Maintain human resource records.
- Manage insurance enrollment and yearly renewal.
- Maintain employee benefits programs, obtaining and evaluating benefit renewal contracts.
- Maintain employee handbook, updating as required.
- Effectively interact, coordinate, and communicate with clients, vendors, and team members.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent data.
- Equipment and resource inventory control.
- Various errands such as mail pickup/drop off, signature acquisition, and local document delivery.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, digital records, and general office maintenance.
AEC is a small company with a fun and friendly staff. We offer a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, holiday and annual leave, and access to a company sponsored 401k with employer match. Salary will be dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the job. Thank you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Tahoe City, CA 96145
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org