Date of completion: 2016
Description: The Homewood Bike Trail is a 0.9-mile paved trail along SR 89 that provides the once-missing link within a 9+ mile path leading users between Squaw Valley, Tahoe City, and now the beautiful west shore of Lake Tahoe. Bike path travelers can now safely explore the beaches, access hiking/biking trails and campgrounds, and journey as far as the Meeks Bay Campground. AEC provided topographic and design surveys for this TRPA Environmental Improvement Project (EIP), as well as regulatory permitting for the trail with TRPA. The topographic survey involved coordination with Placer County and Caltrans in connection with the Homewood/SR 89 erosion control project.
- Base Mapping and a Digital Terrain Model in Electronic Format with 1’ Contours and Control Points and Topographic Points
- Boundary and Right-of-Way Survey
- Environmental Services Including All Regulatory Processing with TRPA and Placer County
- Legal Descriptions and Plats
- Scenic Assessment
- Topographic and Boundary Survey/Mapping