Project Description: The United States Forest Service (USFS) contracted with AEC to provide design services for this reconstruction and retrofit project. The Project included redesigning the day use area to maximize efficiency of the paved surfaces for parking, to increase the number of parking stalls to 160, and to provide BMP’s for the site located in sandy soils very close to shoreline of Lake Tahoe. The site consists of three individual, interconnected parking lots, each of which was graded to allow the stormwater runoff to sheet flow to large central landscape island.
- Facility Layout and redesign to improved vehicles turning movements
- Provide utility connections to two new restrooms
- Removed an abandoned pump station
- Accessibility Retrofit and Design
- Utilized Low Impact Development (LID) techniques to control stormwater runoff
- Construction Cost Estimates